Wednesday, September 3, 2008

All "Eyes" on You!

Later this month I am having some new headshots taken so I'm very aware of how my eyes are looking these days. Besides botox, I want to share with you some of my favorite"eye" tips.


1. The skin around the eyes is very delicate and does not have oil glands directly above or below. Because of this you need to use a moisturizer made especially for eyes. It is best to apply it from below the pupil out to the crows feet.

2. When applying creams or removing eye makeup, use your ring finger. The index and middle finger are stronger fingers and could pull the skin to cause more lines.

3. I have inherited puffy eyes from my mom and sisters but there is still a way to fight those genes. Dip a cotton ball in green tea, squeeze out the excess, then dab around the eye. Green tea will help to tighten the skin around the eye.

4. Since the skin around the eye is very delicate you should use an oil-based makeup remover, cotton balls and cotton swabs. Gently dab don't rub.

5. Drinking plenty of water not only hydrates you but will reduce the appearance of dark circles under your eyes. Water has longer lasting results than cosmetics.

6. Keep a bottle of toning eye makeup remover in the refrigerator. When applied in the morning the chill will assist in de-puffing your eyes as well as clean them.

7. When at all possible - sleep on your back. I love to sleep on my stomach but when your face is toward the mattress fluids drain to your face causing a lot of puffyness. Over time it will also cause more lines and wrinkles.


I think if I stick to at least half of these tips I'll be looking pretty good for my pictures. Actually, I'll let you be the judge of that. Check back in about a month and let me know what you think.

Until then - enjoy de-puffing

No comments: