Friday, September 5, 2008

Who is Dressing Sarah Palin?

This is not a political commentary - I'm not saying, nor asking, that Sarah is right for the job. I just found the republican convention fasinating from a fashion viewpoint. Republican or not you have to admit that Sarah had a memorable speech. She needed a memorable look to go with her memorable speech. In my opinion and the opinion of individuals I polled - the republicans are trying to make Sarah to conservative. I would love to work with Sarah. I feel I could give everyone something to really talk about if I could change the following:

1. Sarah needs color. The night of her speech she was in a black skirt and gray or steel colored jacket. The jacket was beautiful and had great lines but I really thought she would come out in something blue. Blue is America's favorite color. When someone wears blue others immediately trust them. Sarah is not well known and needed the trust more than she needed to look conservative (which she is). Did you notice the color Cindy McCain was wearing? It was a beautiful green. I think Cindy has an evil look to her - I'm not saying she is evil- just that she looks that way. Seeing her in the green dress (with beautiful white pearls) and holding the baby changed my opinion of her. I think I could like her.
2. Sarah needs shape to her clothing. I know she has recently had a baby but she was very boxy that night. Boxy portrays a stiff, unapproachable, image. Sarah was very transparent in her speech - it didn't match her look. In order to gain individuals trust you need to be consistent with how you look and what you say.
3. Sarah does a great job on her makeup. I bet her eyes are even more beautiful than we can see through her glasses. If I had her in my chair - I would suggest contacts. The eyes are the mirror of the soul - she has a good soul - let us see more of it.
4. Sarah has a beautiful head of hair but needs to avoid the beehive - that is very 60's retro and she is not trying to be retro. I would love to give her a mini skirt with white patten knee high boots to go with her hair but I don't think that is the look she is trying to achieve. I wouldn't want to cut off much hair but would love to see her with a shorter do and something a little layered and textured. She loves the hairspray and so do I. It's my personality to "fix" my hair. I learned that from my mother. I think Sarah has the same "fix and go" personality that I do.
5. My neighbor tells me that Sarah is breast feeding. Okay - she really is super woman if she is breast feeding during this "spill your life in front of the media" phase. I am truly impressed. You go girl!
6. One last thing - Sarah has so much to be proud of - she needs to stand tall and let her posture communicate that she is proud. Her clothing would look better on her with shoulders that would be pushed back and down. I think she has an adorable wave - her wave tells me that she is truly excited to be in the position she is in.

Sarah if you are reading this - I want you to call me. I would love to work with you. This is going to be an interesting couple of months for all of us. I'll keep you posted on what else I see. Until then - enjoy your weekend.
Joyfully,
Chris

No comments: