If clothes are truly socio-economic indicators, the recession is really over and it's okay to look rich again.
I think by "looking rich" it means to pull out the fur - real or fake - and pile on the bling! A lot of fur accents were seen on wool along with fur dresses, skirts, and pants. Sparkle and bling were in the form of sequins, metallics and glitter.
Here are some of the other runaway trends seen in the Fall Fashion Shows that could be adopted into our everyday ensemble
- Shapely formfitting clothes in solid hues.
- The return of the pantsuit. The jacket is longer, fitted, oversized, wrapped, or peplum. Single or double-breasted jackets are paired with wide, narrow or cropped pants.
- As I mentioned in last week's blog - leather (real or vegan) is on trend. Lightweight leather is a great transition piece for cool fall days.
- Velvet and lace are popular for evening apparel.
- Plaids and prints are paired together.
- A polished-yet-approachable elegance with hat and gloves, plaid or tweed suit.
- Calf length skirts with gores or A-lines.
- Classic camel colors along with bright and bold colors. Green, red, purple, and turquoise. Blues and oranges are strong. Black and white are always right.
Next week I'll tell you about the Fall trends for accessories, shoes, hair and makeup.
Have a fabulous week!