Monday, August 25, 2008

Take Action

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle". This is a quote from our 16th president - Abraham Lincoln. The world doesn't pay us for what we know, it pays us for what we do. Everyday - in everything we do - we tell the world about ourselves. Our actions tell a story about our belief in ourselves, who we are, and what we stand for.

Have you noticed how bogged down people can get with analyzing, planning and organizing? I've done it myself. Weeks before a trunk show I can study the collection, plan the number of calls I need to make in a day to get the number of appointments I want, I'll make sure my husband has my daughter's dance schedule and social engagements so he can be prepared to run her around town. I can spend days on all of this but what it comes down to is that I just need to take action - pick up the phone and make the calls. If I don't have the appointments I won't need all the planning and organizing.

When you take action it leads to motivation. Don't wait to get motivated to do it - you won't. Don't wait to make the call, or start the exercise routine or write the letter. Winners take action. They simply get up and do what has to be done. Even if you make a few mistakes, you correct them and continue to take action.

The Olympics is over - there are no more athletes to inspire us to get up from our chairs. It is up to us. Jonathan Winters said "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it". It's Monday, take action and plant the foundation for a wonderful week. Enjoy the journey.
Joyfully,
Chris

No comments: