Friday, May 28, 2010

The Fashion Gourmet


For the last two years I have been working on a book called The Fashion Gourmet – Simple Recipes for a Delicious Wardrobe. The concept of The Fashion Gourmet is to take the successful format of cookbooks and provide simple recipes for appropriate dressing. The photographs on the opposite page of the recipes create impact, similar to seeing a picture of your favorite food recipe. Recipes are created with a woman’s body type and lifestyle in mind.

The same time my book proposal was complete the recession hit. No one wanted to see a new author unless they had a very strong platform. I put the proposal aside and continued to write my book.

Two years later and my book is still not published. It wasn’t just the cost of self publishing – it’s the cost of the photography.

Now I am taking the concept to television. Oprah Winfrey is looking for the next television star for her new network. I’ve submitted my three minute audition and let the voting begin.

The concept for The Fashion Gourmet is even better for television. On the show it will be easier to show and explain at the same time. Some ideas for episodes include:
  • Basic Foundation Recipe. This is quickly demonstrated on the audition video. The idea is to have a basic wardrobe of 12-15 pieces and be able to create 60 plus outfits.
  • Closet Organizing Recipe. This gives the ingredients and steps to turn your closet into your own boutique.
  • What to do with Leftovers. Landfills are overflowing with textiles. Go “green” and see over 20 different ways to use clothing you might have thrown out.
  • Special Occasion Recipe. Be ready for any occasion with a special occasion capsule.
  • Measuring Your Body Type Recipe. Learn to dress your unique wonderful body shape once you know what that shape is.
This is just a sampling of ideas I have for a show. Help me make this dream come true. The five videos with the most votes automatically advance to the finals. Oprah’s staff will select another five. I would love to be a sure bet with the most votes but I need help. I need a lot of votes – daily – now through July 3rd, 2010.

Just click here or go to Oprah.com, click on My Own Show, then enter The Fashion Gourmet in the search box.

Click on the link to vote as many times and as often as you can. I’ll keep you posted on the progress.

Joyfully,
Your Fashion Gourmet - Chris

No comments: