Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Barbie

Barbie needs no last name - like Cher or Madonna. This is the gal we grew up with - perfect full bustline, tiny waist and hips, long legs, successful in her many careers, lots of cute friends, and the perfect man - Ken. Like her or not, Barbie has been the standard of beauty for the average female - however she isn't the girl to model ourselves after. She's just to...plastic.

Barbie is turning 50 - so am I. A friend today suggested we have a Barbie birthday party for my 50th. I was thinking more in line with a week at the Golden Door Spa. Actually, what I would really like is a Barbie outfit I saw on television from a recent fashion show. This show, held in New York City, featured original Barbie designs from various designers. It was fabulous. A dream come true. I never had the pink convertible Barbie car - surely I could get a Barbie designer ensemble.

I cherish all the Barbie clothes my mom made for me as a little girl. My mother was all about appearances - I suppose that is why I am an Image Consultant. Barbie and her friends taught me how to dress, fix hair, and be a true girlfriend. I spent hours with my Barbies and loved every minute of it.

I wish Barbie all the best and another 50 fabulous years. I make a toast to the gal that never stopped trying different careers, kept a smile on her face, and put up with Ken all these years.

You go girl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good review - love to read them.