Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Blahs

Are you feeling the winter blahs? Today my state of Kentucky is in a state of emergency. So many are without power and we are told not to drive if it isn't necessary. I am so thankful that I still have electricity. Being in the house for two straight days does get old - if you're like me and on the go all the time. I started thinking about some things women could do to wipe out the winter blah's. Here are a few of my thoughts.

1. Today is the perfect day to experiment with eye shadow. Go sapphire and blend it with some violet. Line your eyes with color and apply black mascara.

2. Today is the perfect day to experiment with your eyebrows. Eyebrows are the only part of the body that actually gets thinner as we age. Fill them in with an eyebrow pencil. Really fill them in. Go for the Brooke Shields look. Then use eyebrow set if you have it - your entire face brightens up when you lift your eyebrows.

3. Today is the perfect day to try a new hairstyle. I loved the big hair in the 80's. If you're like me - pull out the hot rollers and give yourself a new dew.

4. Today is the perfect day to paint your nails a deep blue, or purple. If your nails haven't been manicured for awhile - go for it. While you're at it - give yourself a pedicure too.

5. Today is the pefect day to turn on your favorite music and dance. Dancing releases endorphins and makes you feel better.

With the lack of retail therapy I'm experiencing and missing two days at the gym - I think I'll go downstairs and turn on my Partridge Family Greatest Hits. I think I love you.. so what am I so afraid of....I can't remember the words - gotta go listen.

Today is the perfect day ... to be happy.
Chris

No comments: